Thule is starting the Sea Otter Classic a little early, unveiling an all-new rack with versatility, lights, and a ramp. The all-new Thule Epos is the standard EasyFold XT rack on steroids. It can carry up to three bikes of any discipline and has an impressive 66 lbs per bike (136 lbs for the 2-bike and 160 lbs for the 3-bike) weight limit.
What is it?
The all-new Thule Epos is a tray-loading bike rack with telescopic arms. The Epos holds the bike by the frame, wheel, or fork, allowing the rider to choose the best mounting solution.
The bike stays in place via new steel reinforced straps, the telescopic arm, and a pivoting head.
Will the Thule Epos fit my bike?
The shining point of the Epos is its versatility and safety. The Epos can fit wheel sizes from 16-29″, which is excellent for adult and kid bike transportation. As for tire width, the tray can fit road, gravel, cross country, etc — up to 3.2″ tires. If you’re looking to transport your fat bike, you’ll need a 5″ accessory strap, which Thule has.
Thule added extra length to accommodate all manner of bikes; the maximum wheelbase of the new Epos is a solid 1350mm (53.14″). So don’t worry about transporting those super-slacked 29″ downhill bikes.
Did you say ramp?
For those that don’t appreciate the heavy lifting e-bike ownership can entail. The new Epos folds up similarly to the EasyFold XT, and the addition of the wheels makes it much easier to move from the car to its storage slot. The new Epos offers an accessory ramp that makes loading easy. For easy storage, the new Epos follows the T2 and other Thule racks, adding two wheels to the bottom, aiding in transporting and maneuverability.
If you’re concerned about safety and visibility (who isn’t), the new Thule Epos also comes with an additional light and plate option. You can add the attachable Abus cable lock kit for those looking to double up with security.
Thule Epos Rack Specifications
- High load capacity with 66 lbs/bike and 132 lbs for 2-bike and 160 lbs for 3-bike carriers, enabling transport of all types of bikes, including heavy e-bikes
- It fits all frame designs from 20mm to 90mm in diameter
- Enables easy transport of larger bikes with generous bike spacing of 9.8 in and longer wheelbases up to 53 in
- Fits sizes from 16″ to 29″ and tire sizes up to 3.2 in and up to 5 in with accessory strap (sold separately)
- Prices:$1000 for the base two-bike model, $1,249 for two bikes w/lights, and $1,099 for the three-bike model.
- Available in MId-Summer from your Thule dealer.
We have a sample of the new Thule Epos on the way, so be on the looks for a full review and thoughts coming soon. For more information, check out Thule.com